Holiday ideas, prices
Dress for Portrait Success
• Keep clothing simple. Try to choose solid colors for your portraits. Avoid large, bold patterns such as plaids and stripes. Remember, bright colors also draw attention away from your face.
• Avoid short sleeves and tank tops. Long sleeves will draw attention away from your arms and helps bring the focus back to your face.
• The photographer may suggest a full-length pose. Make sure you coordinate portrait clothing from head to toe.
• Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green and other jewel-toned colors. Light tones tend to emphasize body size.
• Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces.
• Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in portraits.
• Wear light on white. Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white portrait background.
• Wear dark on dark. Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood in portraits.
• Don't mix light and dark colors in portraits. Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties.
Props and Backgrounds
• Ask the photographer for advice. If you're not sure what you want in your portrait, the photographer can help you choose a portrait background that suits your needs.
• Add in your personality. Bring your own props for a personal touch. Consider items such as baby blanket, stuffed animal, or a special toy. Get additional prop ideas and view our prop portfolio to enhance your portraits.
happy photo session!!
22-17 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY | (718) 956-5602 | http://www.tolios.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS